Saturday, July 07, 2012

Canary Melon Cooler



 People are over their gourds about stone fruit right now, and with good reason. This year's nectarines have been some of the best I've ever tasted! I don't know if it's a mix of the cheapness and us not having air conditioning, but I'm enjoying melons of all colors as much as I can right now.


drink me!

One of my favorite things to do right now is mix sparkling lime water, a little ice, and whatever melon I have lying around. Today, it's Juan Canary. Usually my heart belongs to watermelon,but these Juan Canarys give the icy drink a smooth and creamy, silky, almost milky texture that's just so awesome. If  I were going to spike this, I'd probably give the vodka a rest and use a little sparkling moscato instead. Just sayin'. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment