Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pork Chops and Grilled Nectarine Salad



In case I forgot to tell you, I'm really really at grilling pork chops. Like really.

The trick? High mother-lovin' heat. Like merciless hot. It's harder to overcook chops this way I find because the heat selas in all the goodness and once you see grill marks, you flip and wait 'til the meat feels firm (like exactly how you don't want steak to feel) and then it's time for some sweet eatin' :)




My second secret weapon is right next to the chops. Tony Chachere's Herb Seasoning. Just when I thought Tony's couldn't get any better. . . The original is truly great on everything but this one's super on white meats and fish (salmon O my gosh . . .). Herbs class it up!

But what's really great is this barfy stuff right here:




Grilled Nectarine Salad Dressing!

So here's why it looks crazy. t makes aesthetic sense to have your avocado and fruit chopped to equal size, strewn atop the lettuce with the vinaigrette drizzeled lightly on top, but my first concern was how it tastes and I wanted those flavors to like GET IN THERE, you know? And hoohah they totally did. As a bonus having it all goopy like this made it really easy to spoon some of it onto chop chunks like an applesauce spin-off . . .It just made sense at the time . . .




I regret nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment