Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Mahogany Sessions

Get outta here with this.

Incredibly thoughtful production, intimate presentation, delicious artists, and the happiest of moments make this the best thing I've seen on the internet in weeks.

Here are some highlights, but really I can't post a tenth of the greatness I saw. It was even worth suffering through mood-busting commercials! Explore the whole channel and subscribe!

This is the song that initially brought me to the station. Michael Kiwanuka. This song and this voice are timeless.





Then I got the pleasure of hearing Peter and Kerry. I'm so in love. They have an original song on the channel but I really like the ambient noise in the "Wicked Game" cover. Also, give their song "Knees" a listen.





I'm not a huge fan of the Bahamas but I'm a huge fan of 1:50 - 2:10. I almost pooped and cried at the same time.





Are the Staves not a total breath of fresh air?





And finally this beautifully talented 16-year old from Leicester named Leo Stannard. I see people like this and I want to protect them like a human shield. It's the closest I've ever come to a mothering instinct.





I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment