Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Look what God's doing!





A few weeks ago a friend was kind enough to give me some "mystery tomato" seedlings!  She dries the seeds of tomatoes she's eaten on paper towels and plants them once their dried. Every year tomatoes start popping up around her property like clockwork. The two she gave me were growing near a wheelbarrow and needed a new home.

The success of my gardenia and the strawberry plant have given me some courage so I've been dutifully watering and fertilizing and lookee here!





We've got tomatoes! What kind, I'm not sure, but I know the second plant will give me something different!




So cute! I will eat them!

Maybe with some of this!





That's right. More green things! Above are lemon balm and pineapple mint, respectively. Both make a glass of water or tea super delicious.



 AAAAAnd some regular mint and some lemon verbena that's growing like gangbusters.

I've got this little ritual going now. After watering, I'll take a leaf off of one of them and rub, just to get a whiff of something nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment