Saturday, March 23, 2013

Small victories

Today we went to one of my favorite places: the box.

Besides gardening and drawing and other sweet things, I enjoy a beastly session of weightlifting about four times a week :) It's good to be week rounded.

A few months ago my weightlifting club, under Team Crossfit Academy, moved from a moderate sized warehouse down to an enormous building off of Duarte.

And we quadrupled our Olympic weightlifting space. We don't deserve it. None of us do. It is so rare to find a place of this quality especially an affordable one.

But here we are. Full platforms every Saturday. PRing like crazy.

My victory was a 10-kilo front squat PR. Which puts me at a big and mean 100 kilos. 220. 2 freaking 20 pounds.

:)

Painting some carnage on the bathroom door today. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment